Germany Stuttgart-Ost Infant Massage Instructor Training September
Did you know that parents who take a class with IAIM learn much more than just the mechanics of a massage routine?
Our program involves many different styles of touch, movement, interaction and communication.
Both research and anecdotal evidence from families have shown that there are many ways that babies and families may benefit from infant massage.
The benefits for babies can be grouped into four categories: Interaction, Stimulation, Relief and Relaxation and benefits for parents, the entire family and society as a whole are also recognised.
Benefits for Babies : Interaction
Regular massage promotes quality time with both parents:
- For bonding and secure attachment
- Feeling loved, valued and respected,
- Early contact with both parents, developing empathy,
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, using all of the senses,
- Developing trust and confidence
Stimulation: Regular massage support infant development by
- Stimulation of all body systems including the digestive, hormonal, immune and circulatory systems, elimination, muscle tone, joint mobility
- Improving self-regulation
- Experiencing body’s sensing, coordination and balance to better body awareness Encourage vocalizations and communication
- Release of neuro-mediators involved in brain development
- Improving sleep quality
- Encouraging parent-directed learning and concentration,